Thursday 20 November 2014

Most Used Winter Lip Products



5. Vaseline Lip Balm in Paint The Town - Unfortunately this was limited edition&is no longer available

1. This shade is a more neutral shade of lipstick, I wear this most days as it is quite easy to pull off due to its subtle colour. Also it is packed full of moisture as the name suggests which makes it easy to wear. Unfortunately it doesn't last very long but it's easy to apply and touch up as it is a nude colour and you don't have to worry about the dreaded clown look.

2. Again this lipstick is full of moisture, I like to wear moisturising lipsticks in the winter because my lips chap really badly in the colder months. This colour is a more wearable red because it doesn't look too overpowering due to the pinker undertones in this shade. Unlike the other colour, this one lasts quite a bit longer on the lips.

3. Every 2-3 days depending on how my lips feel I will use this scrub to exfoliate my lips and get rid of all of that nasty dead skin that clings to your lips. This is a sugar scrub in the flavour Bubblegum and they have many other flavours too. You just apply the scrub to your lips before makeup, rub it in and rub it off. It is 100% natural so it does not taste bad which is always a bonus:) This makes your lips feel softer and more luxurious if you can describe lips in that way.

4. Mac's Russian Red is a deep red shade with a matte base. This colour is not as moisturising because of its matte finish, although it is a lot less drying out than lets say Mac's Ruby woo and if you apply lip balm before hand it will moisturise your lips more and also lock in its colour to make it longer lasting. This lipstick lasts about 8 hours on with the odd touch up here and there. Depending on what you are consuming it may last longer or shorter. I usually use this when out in the evening because it makes me feel more glamorous. It has blue undertones which gives the illusion of slightly whiter teeth.

5.Vaseline is just a petroleum jelly based lip balm and it helps to moisturise and repair your lips. This particular one has a hint of red in it, Red is becoming a bit of a theme here. This hint just subtly colours your lips without too much pigment. 

6. Rebel is another one of my most reached for colours in the Autumn/Winter seasons due to it's berry shade. The purple matches my hair which I love and It compliments my skin tone very well.  As this has a satin finish it does not dry out your lips. It is easy to layer up or sheer down. The dark colour in the packaging should not throw you off at all because it is not as deep of a colour on the lips.

2 comments:

  1. I love the lush lip scrub! I'm using the mint one at the moment and it tastes so good.

    Katie xo
    ktmyblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never tried the mint one, will have to try that next:)xx

    ReplyDelete